So let me break this down for you…
Fair Skin TonesIf you have a peaches and cream complexion, here’s what you need to know:
- For pink undertones, opt for coral reds since they are not so overpowering. Matte reds with a hint of orange look great too.
- For yellow undertones, go with a coral or brick red that is a bit warmer.
Medium + Bronze Skin TonesFor those of you with more olive or golden skin, here’s what works best for you:
- Lucky you! Most shades will work with your coloring… Go crazy!
- True reds, cranberry shades, and pink-based reds look especially lovely with your coloring.
Dark Skin TonesIf you have a deeper complexion, with cool undertones, here’s what you need to know:
- Blue-based reds and cool shades will look best with your rich coloring—think fig, dark cherry, and dark jam.
- Stay away from anything too bright, otherwise it will look harsh.