Sriracha Deviled EggsRegular deviled eggs? Not so exciting. But, since traditional deviled eggs are a delicious classic, I’ve done my best to dress them up for 2013. This means leaning heavily on chili sriracha sauce to add heat to the egg yolk filling. Think spicy enough that your friends may immediately reach for their drinks—but so good they’ll quickly be back for more.
- 1 dozen extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sriracha
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Sweet paprika, for garnish
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Over a medium mixing bowl, gently squeeze the center of the eggs so the yolk pops into the bowl.
- With a fork, mash the yolks with the mayo and mustard until smooth. Add the lime juice, sriracha, and salt, and mix until incorporated. Taste for seasoning.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully scoop the filling into the cavity of each egg.
- Arrange on a serving platter or cutting board, garnish with a shake of paprika and half a lime, and enjoy your spooky party!