Friday, January 27, 2012

Chanel’s Haute Couture Show on a Jumbo Jet “Air Chanel”

 
Karl Lagerfeld showed his couture collection on an airplane in the middle of the Grand Palais, complete with in flight beverage service. The ‘Air Chanel’ plane took five days to construct, the Telegraph is reporting. The stewardesses, well, naturally they wore Chanel couture. Poppy Delevingne joked about “Joining the fashion mile high club with CHANEL,” on Twitter. Har har.
According to a Tweet from Derek Blasberg, Lagerfeld said he wanted to watch a fashion show on an airplane “instead of a boring old movie.” He told the Telegraph’s Lisa Armstrong, “I love flying. It’s the one time I can escape. I don’t have to talk; everyone around me is watching screens. I can be alone. It’s perfect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment