1. There are more stars than there are grains of sand on Earth.
2. Western Australia is twice the size of Alaska.
3. The solar system is in orbit around the center of the Milky Way. We’re moving at about 483,000 miles an hour.
4. There are more molecules in a cup of water than there are cups of water in the ocean.
5. There are almost more atoms in a grain of sand, than there are grains of sand on Earth.
6. The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog,” uses every letter in the alphabet.
7. A group of gorillas is called a shrewdness.
8. A group of flamingos is called a stand.
9. A group of giraffes is called a tower.
10. A group of unicorns is called a blessing.
11. A group of crows is called a murder.
12. A group of larks is called an exaltation.
13. A group of ravens is called an unkindness.
14. A group of ferrets is called a business.
15. The guy that voices SpongeBob SquarePants is the narrator in Power-puff Girls.
16. The sound you hear before water starts to boil is actually the first water vapor bubbles forming at the bottom and imploding as they reach colder water just above. The sound you hear is the shock wave that is created from the cavitation that occurs.
17. A sunset is usually more brilliant than a sunrise because of the dust and particles that are kicked up by the sun heating the ground creating thermals. The dust then refracts the light and creates colors in the sky.
18. Worker ants take 250 naps a day that last a little over a minute long on average and total to around 4 and a half hours of sleep. This allows 80% of the workforce to be active at any one time. Queen ants on the other hand, take 90 naps a day which average about 6 minutes each, getting about 9 hours of sleep a day. Scientists think this may be why worker ants live only for months while the queens live for years.
19. Ants don’t have enough mass to die on impact, no matter the height.
20. Helicopters do not take off or land by changing the speed of the rotor blades. The rotor blades are moving at the exact same speed at all times even when the helicopter is hovering, accelerating, slowing down or on the ground. It’s just the angle of the blades being changed.
21. Hugo Boss designed and manufactured the uniforms for the Nazi’s.
22. New York is area code 212 and LA is 213 and Chicago 312 because the largest cities got the quickest numbers to dial on a rotary phone.
23. Goats have horizontal slit-shaped pupils which increases their peripheral depth perception which is very important when climbing cliffs.
24. The length of your forearm from elbow to wrist is the same length of your foot from heel to toe. Try it if you don’t believe me.
25. With arms spread straight out, the distance from middle finger tip to middle finger tip is equal to your height.
26. George Washington (Mr. First President) almost joined the British Navy, but his mother convinced him otherwise.
27. With just 57 people in a room, the chance that there are two people who share a birthday is at least 99%! With 23 people in the room, there is a 50% chance.
28. On a chessboard, a knight can visit each square exactly once.
29. When you dream, everything you see in that dream, you’ve seen before in real life.
30. Every time you shuffle a deck of cards, it’s extremely likely that your specific arrangement of cards has never existed and will never exist again. The chance that you’ve recreated a shuffled deck from any point in human history is similar to winning the lottery 100 times over.
Or to say it another way: You can re-arrange a deck of cards into more combinations than there have been nanoseconds since the birth of the universe.
31. Aladdin is Chinese.