Sunday, November 20, 2011

Inside Michelle Trachtenberg's Hair Transformation


Even celebrities like DIY beauty! Joining the slew of stars who are darkening their locks this season, Michelle Trachtenberg transformed her tresses from auburn to rich chocolate brown. The big difference? When she decided to make the switch, she skipped the salon and instead performed the process all by herself! Get the scoop of the Gossip Girl actress on her successful mane makeover.
Q: What was your inspiration for this color change?
Heading into fall and winter, I wanted to have a richer, deeper hair color to complement the season's bold fashion shades.
Q: What color did you decide on?
I went with a dark espresso color to take down the redness in my hair and make it a cooler shade.
Q: Why DIY?
My colorist is based in LA, but I work in New York City a lot, so I wanted a product that would give me the same results I would get in the salon. John Frieda's Precision Foam Colour allows me to maintain my shade while I'm filming in New York City.
Q: What is your advice for girls who want to try dyeing their locks at home?
Read the instructions before following them so you know what's coming! They are really easy to understand and it doesn't take much time. Then reread each step as you are doing the processes.
Q: What do you think of your new hue?
I think it looks great! I'm very happy with this new color.

No comments:

Post a Comment