School's out for summer! Are you babysitting or hanging out with an ultra-girly toddler? I've got some fun beauty ideas to keep the budding beauty-nista in your life busy and beautiful during lazy summer days.
- Small Starlet. There's nothing more fun then playing with your hair. While you're getting gorgeous for a night out, wrap a few velcro rollers (no heat!) on your little one and make her feel like a superstar!
- Flower Girl. Every girl has fond memories of braiding in their childhood. It's a fantastic summer pastime and evokes the lazy days of summer. Now, accessories will help kick up your plaits a notch. Create flower garlands and interweave ribbons into your Beauty's braids for a bohemian and tousled effect.
- Manicured Mademoiselle Keep the little miss in your life polished and pretty with a subtle manicure. File and buff nails lightly and apply a coat of clear or sheer pink lacquer for sweet tips. You can go for a bright summer shade too, but make sure you have mom's permission first.
- Solar Chick. It's never to early to learn about SPF! Teach her about sun protection and why it's so important to use sunscreen every day. If you have a baby-friendly SPF on hand, apply a patch test on her hand to show her how sunscreen blocks dangerous rays. Remember, always use a physical blocker (with Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide) on kids because chemical sunscreens can irritate their sensitive skin.
- Fruity & Feminine. Need a summer beauty activity that doesn't involve TV or the Internet? Look to your kitchen, a haven for all-things DIY! Use seasonal fruits for a myriad of beauty ideas. For a fruity edible mask, mix your favorite fruit with olive oil, yogurt, and oatmeal and apply a thin layer on skin. You can also use dark berries (rich in antioxidants) as an all-natural custom lip stain on your baby Beauty. Crush up a blackberries or dark cherries and dab on the center of her lips for a just-bitten pout. After, you both can enjoy a healthy berry snack! She'll feel glam, and you avoid the sugar influx of Kool-Aid. When health meets beauty, it's a win-win.