Fall will be here before you know it. And while some of you have the luxury of a year-round moderate climate, others will face an extreme temperature shift. Make a few seasonal beauty adjustments and maintain a streamlined routine this season!
HOW TO Transition Into Fall Beauty
- Amp up the moisture. As the weather gets drier and cooler, it's important to have moisturizer on hand at all times. Try a whipped, all-natural hydrator like 100% Pure Honey Almond Body Butter.
- Embrace jewel tones. Color trends come and go, but sapphire, plum, and emerald are always Beauty-approved shades for fall. A colored smoky eye creates a unique and eye-catching finish. Try Dior 3-Couleurs Smoky Eyeshadow Trio in Smoky Navy.
- Apply hydrating balms. For chapped lips, slather on a thick coat of richly-textured lip balm. Choose a deep shade like Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 for a sheer, just-bitten stain.
- Dewy to demi-matte. Skin needs moisture, but overly glossy skin doesn't work with fall's cooler climate. It's time to put away the tinted moisturizer and switch to a demi-matte formula—like MAC's new Matchmaster Foundation SPF 15—that gives medium to full coverage with a soft-focus, creamy finish.
- Skip the sweets. Sugary-sweet fragrances don't jibe with fall's rich colors. Instead, opt for warmer, deeper gourmand scents that have some sensuality, such as Elie Saab's latest creation, Le Parfum.